San Mateo Trust Administration Lawyer
The Law Offices of Kevin A. Taheny, Inc. offers 30 years of legal experience and has extensive knowledge regarding the creation of trusts and trust administration. Although every family is unique, we believe that often the most effective estate plan is created through the use of trusts. Contact our California estate planning attorney for a free initial consultation to discuss your individual estate plan. Our attorneys are experienced with the following trusts:
- Living trust/grantor trust/revocable trust: created for the benefit of the individual creating the trust during their lifetime, with the remaining assets to be distributed to loved ones, such as children. Benefits of a living trust are that is does not submit to probate procedures and is often administered more efficiently than the administration of a will.
- Life insurance trust: created for the deposit of life insurance upon an individual's passing in order to eliminate tax consequences of the life insurance benefits passing into the estate.
- Charitable remainder trust: created for the benefit of an individual for their life. Upon the individual's death, the remaining assets are held for the benefit for a charitable organization. This facilitates effective tax planning.
- Special needs trust: created to hold assets or property for the benefit of a disabled individual without allowing the assets to disrupt government benefit eligibility.
- Marital deduction trust: created for couples with an estate in excess of two million dollars in order to plan effectively to reduce estate tax consequences.
Trust Administration and Probate
Although the administration of a trust can be complex, it is often much more efficient and inexpensive compared to the probate of a will. However as an experienced probate law firm, we effectively guide families through both estate administration and trust administration, including assistance with the following:
- Assisting in carrying out trustee or executor duties
- Help identify, collect, and value assets
- Pay debts and taxes (if applicable)
- Plan for allocation of assets to trusts
- Prepare death tax returns (if applicable)
- Other general advice and assistance
Contact our Estate Planning Law Office.
For guidance and assistance creating a trust or estate plan, contact our California trust administration lawyer to schedule a free initial consultation.